is a famous couple of houses in the luxury Paris suburb of Neuilly-sur-Seine, designed by Le Corbusier and built in 1954-56. They are among his most important post-war buildings and feature a robust aesthetic of unpainted "béton brut" concrete and roughly detailed bricks.
The buildings were designed in 1937 but were built only after the war for André Jaoul and his son Michel. For a time they were owned by the English millionaire Peter Palumbo, baron Palumbo. Now they belong to two sisters who live there with their families. The Maison Jaoul have been protected by the French government as historical monuments since 1966, at the request of André Malraux.
His son Michel (or Jacques Michel) Jaoul worked as an architect in Le Corbusier's office and in 1988 was responsible for the renovation of the houses. The construction of these vaulted houses signals a new trend in Le Corbusier's architecture, and the Mao Jaoul can be considered his first work "New Brutalist
Latest post from the blog
for Archweb Users
for premium users
- SINGLE PURCHASE
pay 1 and download 1