The Steiner House of Adolf Loos was built in 1910 in Vienna and is located
in the St. Veit Gasse 10 of the Heitzing district, in a peripheral position with respect to the city center.
The villa was designed for the painter Lilly Steiner and her husband Hugo. It is located in an area where the Viennese town plan dictated rather strict rules, so that the final realization suffered from such limitations. One of these restrictions imposed in that area of the Austrian capital the construction of buildings that had only one floor and a single skylight on street level, so the architect devised the expedient of a curved sheet metal roof with a quarter circle. After being replaced twenty years later with a roof typical of Austrian architecture, a subsequent renovation saw the restoration of the original roof of the Loos project.
Latest post from the blog
for Archweb Users
for premium users
- SINGLE PURCHASE
pay 1 and download 1