System juxtaposed to the wall
Il sistema è costituito da una struttura in genere metallica per sostenere i supporti "substrato" delle piante. Ha una funzione di rivestimento vegetale che può essere totale oppure solo parziale sulle facciate
Hanging vertical gardens
Vertical gardens obtained through vases hung on the wall. In each pot it is possible to plant different species in order to obtain a vegetal wall with various colors and shades.
comfort permeability mitigation
What is vertical green roof?
Vertical greenery has taken hold in recent years and is becoming a constant element in architectural projects, both in new buildings and in renovations.
The green wall, forming a kind of 'second skin' of the building, has some advantages:
• improved insulation as it prevents direct radiation of sunlight on the wall, which does not heat up and does not radiate heat inside;
• reduction of heat loss from buildings to the outside, thanks to the effect of thermal mass.
In addition, it contributes to the reduction of fine dust, which it manages to capture through the foliar apparatus, and finally has a significant aesthetic and ornamental impact.
How and where to make it?
The creation of a green wall starts from the choice of the type of plant system and the support structure. We can essentially identify two types:
• vertical greenery achieved through climbing plants. It exploits the ability of plants to cling to adequate support structures to constitute what is in effect a green screen;
• vertical gardens, realized by inserting among the species not only climbing ones, but also plants and small shrubs.
For both categories, in principle, it is necessary:
• choose the most suitable species, also in consideration of the climate;
• provide a geotextile or a geocomposed non-woven fabric mat containing the cultivation substrate;
• create a supporting structure for the plants, usually in steel (light grating with uprights in the first case, bars fixed to the wall in the second, which incorporate mattress and geotextile);
• provide for an irrigation system.
- periodic replacement of plants