Cyclability to connect, regenerate and recover.Design of a bicycle school located within a larger intervention in Rome's Municipio IV, in the San Basilio district.
Thesis by Lea Stazi
University of Rome "La Sapienza"
First Faculty of Architecture L. Quaroni, degree thesis in "Urban planning"
Speakers: Prof. Susanna Menichini
A.A. 2014 - 2015
The aim is to design a bike school aimed at training young citizens aged 6 to 18 to learn the rules of the road and the good use of the bicycle. A school that also represents a meeting place for the satellite services attached to it.
The main points of the intervention concern:
- IMPROVE THE CONDITIONS of urban mobility from the point of view of traffic congestion and that of environmental sustainability;
- CHILDREN AND BOYS ACTIVE and more psychically involved and traffic, at peak times, is more fluid and there is less pollution;
- BIKE AS EXERCISE OF A COMPETENCE know how to act as promotion;
- autonomy of the subject, improve his health because the BIKE IS LIKE A DOOR TOWARDS OUTSIDE, teaching and life experience;
- TEACHING the bike components inside the workshops and seeing how they are assembled.